The Biosan range has been specially developed by Genesis Biosciences as a result of demands from the personal hygiene sector.
The need for Biosan
Flushing sanitary waste down the toilet can cause drain blockages and also create problems for waste water treatment plants.
As a result of this, several companies offer a sanitary waste service to offices, public buildings. Using a bin placed in the ladies washroom which is collected and returned to a central depot.
Sanitary waste bins can be a breeding ground for micro-organisms leading to the development of odours and subsequent customer complaints.
The Biosan range is the result of many years of continuous product development.
This range is based on volatile plant extracts that are active throughout the bin, controlling micro-organisms and suppressing odours at source.
Advantages of Biosan
- Reduces waste disposal costs
- Compared to a litre of a liquid product, it is 1kg less waste requiring disposal at each bin change, which can be a large saving over 1000s of bin services.
- One sachet means one dose, so no risk of cost overruns due to product overdosing.
- Reduction in wastage of product – all product utilised in the bin.
- Product is disposed of with other waste, reducing waste handling costs.
- Although more difficult to quantify, the light weight of Biosan also reduces vehicle loading, and will save fuel and wear and tear on both onward and return journeys.
- Minimal investment required in personal protective equipment for employees.
- A product made from natural ingredients.
- Replaces products that are NOT environmentally friendly.
- Packaging waste is kept to a minimum.
- Reduces volume of waste to landfill.
- Biosan does not contain, or produce any hazardous chemicals.
- Not a liquid, so no spillage risk at service centre or with client.
- Waste from bins requires no further processing, so operators are not exposed to additional risk.
- Lower weight means less risk of injury when handling bins.
Easy to use
- Product packaged in individual on dose sachets.
- Minimal training required.
- Minimal personal protective equipment required.
- No hazard labelling simplifies risk assessments.
- Waste from bins requires no further processing keeping operations simple and efficient.
- Proven anti-bacterial and anti viral action increases staff and client safety.
- Natural ingredients (no hazard labelling) increases safety of staff and clients.
- Eliminates odours for 6 to 8 weeks.
- Active throughout – formulations ensures that all material in the bin is treated.
Quality Control Technician
No other microbial range can offer such comprehensive data as to the quality and validity of its products.
Genesis Biosciences recognises that their customers need to meet the demands of their clients in different ways and that a "one fits all" product is not the solution.
Biosan represents a custom range for specific use. Having identified their clients requirement, customers can choose between the products in the Biosan range to fulfill performance and budgetary criteria. Please see our specific solutions section for further information.