An eco-benign®, non-acidic and non-corrosive, but highly effective descaler for the removal of limescale and other scales in a variety of applications; can also be used for stone and concrete cleaning for both professional and retail, home and garden users.
This descaler is based on a low pH organic salt that replaces traditional mineral and organic acids in scale removal applications and the basic raw material has >70% of the strength of hydrochloric acid in terms of dissolving calcium carbonate: but it is not corrosive to skin or mild steel.
The raw material is 2 to 3 times more effective at scale removal than phosphoric acid and is also phosphate free. It is broadly equivalent activity wise to sulphamic acid but with no environmental concerns.
The raw material is 4 to 10 times more effective at scale removal than ‘green’ products based on organic acids such as citric or glycolic acids.
Genesis Biosciences add surfactants to the active material to further boost performance, which also means that a separate de-greaser is not required if scale is contaminated with oil and grease.
- Scale is a deposit of insoluble metal salts that can form a hard, insoluble layer on surfaces and is a particular problem in hard water areas
- Acidic products are used to dissolve or remove scale in a wide range of applications. Here are some examples:
- Limescale removers for kettles, irons, washing machines and dishwashers
- Toilet bowl and bathroom cleaners
- Industrial applications such as rust removal or equipment de-scaling
- The product can also be used for stone and concrete cleaning both professionally and in retail products for gardens and patios
Advantages of Evogen Descaler
- More effective than most organic acids (citric, malic) and many mineral acids such as phosphoric acid
- Contains a powerful degreasing agent within the formulation and is therefore effective in the presence of oil and grease contamination, when other products fail to work or require a separate de-greasing step
- Breaks down to natural biomaterials which are totally biodegradable in a sewage treatment plant or in the environment
- Is 100% biodegradable and provides an eco-benign® offering within this sector
- Concentrate product is classified only as a skin irritant and does not require corrosive labelling
- Can both prevent scale build-up (by frequent dosing at a low concentration) and remove scale (short term treatment at higher concentration)
- Can also be used for cleaning stone, concrete, removing oxidation, algae etc., both for professional users and in retail packaging
- Not classified as harmful to the environment