A multi-strain liquid bacterial solution for grease traps and drain maintenance. It's been specifically formulated to degrade fats, oils and greases and other food waste in the demanding environments of drain lines, grease traps and grease interceptors.
Restaurants, hospitals, schools and other institutions are prohibited from directly discharging grease into the city sewer system and must take precautions to prevent oil and grease from cooking operations entering the sewer lines. Because of the regulations surrounding discharge, grease traps and drain maintenance is essential to the operation of many businesses and organisations in a community.
Grease build-ups are often the cause of slow drain and sewage back-ups as well as creating drain odors and even pest problems. Evogen GDL is a highly effective biological product for grease traps, associated drain lines and also for fat problems in water treatment plants.
The application-specific bacterial consortium present in this product produces lipase enzymes which target large oil and grease molecules, breaking them down into smaller molecules that are then metabolized by the bacteria to quickly degrade the fat and reduce the risk of blockages. As the lipase enzymes get to work, free fatty acids are released, which reduces the pH, creating a harsh environment for bacteria. The strains in Evogen GDL are specially selected to work effectively in lower pH ranges found in grease traps and grease interceptors. They have been shown to break down a wide range of materials found in grease traps and grease interceptors:
- Vegetable, rapeseed and olive oil
- Solid fats such as lard and butter
- Starch, proteins and cellulose
- Free fatty acids
In addition, the eco-benign® formulation contains no emulsifying surfactants making it a safe and effective choice for grease trap and grease interceptor maintenance products.
- Grease traps and grease interceptors
- Kitchen drain lines
- Wet wells and wastewater piping
- Municipal wastewater plants with grease problems
- Industrial wastewater treatment, especially in the food industry
Advantages of Evogen GDL
- Optimised, application-specific, proprietary, bacterial consortium specifically targets and degrades all types of FOG, including solid fats and all types of edible oils
- eco-benign® surfacant converts FOG to an ideal form for biodegradation, without emulsifying the grease which could otherwise have a negative impact on physical function of grease traps and grease interceptors
- Proven complete degradation of FOG all the way to carbon dioxide and water
- Effective bacterial action reduces odours associated with grease traps, interceptors and drain lines within hours of application
- Readily biodegradable, low toxicity eco-benign® components to minimise environmental impact
- Continues to be active even if the pH decreases
- Modern bacteria compatible chemistry for maximum product performance
- Easy dilution for formulators to create biological grease treatment products
- Manufactured in accordance with recognised international standards, ISO 9001 and ISO 14001
- Long product shelf life both as-supplied and post dilution