A fully soluble application-specific bacterial product formulated to degrade fats, oils and greases and other food waste in the demanding environments of kitchen drain lines, grease traps and grease interceptors.
Evogen Grease Trap Powder is an application-specific blend of Bacillus cultures specially selected for their ability to degrade animal and vegetable fats, oils and grease (FOG). These bacteria are blended onto a fully soluble carrier.
The bacterial strains selected produce a wide range of extra cellular hydrolytic enzymes that aid the biodegradation of other substrates that might be encountered in drain lines, grease traps and septic systems such as fats, starch, protein and cellulose.
- Kitchen drain lines
- Grease traps and grease interceptors
- Wet wells and wastewater piping
- Municipal wastewater plants with grease problems
- Industrial wastewater treatment, especially in the food industry
Advantages of Evogen Grease Trap Powder
- Optimised proprietary bacterial consortium to degrade a broad range of solid fats and liquid edible oils
- With regular dosing, keeps kitchen drain lines clean and free flowing
- Helps to optimise the performance of grease traps, reducing grease build-ups
- Will also tackle grease build up in effluent collection systems such as wet wells and at the sewage treatment plant
- Can tackle mixtures of grease, oils and detergents and other food waste
- Available in water soluble sachets for easy dosing
- Bacillus species 100% in spore form providing long product shelf life
- Manufactured in accordance with recognised international standards, ISO 9001 and ISO 14001
Application instructions for Evogen Grease Trap Powder
Evogen Grease Trap Powder is packed into bio-pouches which are intended for single dose (200 grams). Usage is one biopouch per day for most situations.
The Evogen Grease Trap Powder pouch is simply added to tepid water, mixed for a few minutes and the solution poured into problem drains including those leading to grease traps.
Dosing should be designed to occur at times of little or no activity, or at a time of slow flow. This helps to optimise conditions for biodegradation of grease and other target substrates
Due to the biological nature of the product extremes of temperature and pH should be avoided. Also care should be taken to ensure harsh chemicals, biocides, sanitisers or bleaches are not added to the drain line, grease trap or toilet system prior to or immediately following product application.