Careers at Genesis Biosciences
Discover more about working with a global, innovative company committed to making a positive impact on the environment and the society in which we live.
To play a key role in day-to-day operations of the technical function, in particular supporting manufacturing, research and technical development. The role will require a scientist well versed in delivering applied microbial solutions to industrial challenges using a combination of both traditional microbiology and bioinformatic approaches. Robust knowledge of key microbial metabolic processes related to the environment is required, along with relevant experience in the handling and processing of genomic data.
Salary range £30,000-£40,000 per annum.
- Participate in the research, development and implementation of new techniques.
- Make appropriate decisions such that projects continue to move forward on a timely basis.
- Design experiments to creatively solve problems.
- Generate and analyze data.
- Manage projects coming into the laboratory in agreement with the Project Evaluation Team and ensure completion to the standard required in a timely manner.
- Working with and actively maintaining the bioinformatics pipeline. This will include handling and processing of genomic information, phylogenetic analysis of new strains, whole genome annotation, and use of appropriate resources to characterise virulence factors, secondary metabolites, extracellular enzymes and antimicrobial resistance genes.
- Screening of Bacterial strains, culturing and media development. This will include environmental isolations and designing custom growth media and experiments to investigate novel metabolic capabilities.
- Microbiological analyses of competitor products.
- Carry out challenge testing of finished products.
- Prepare and circulate project/laboratory reports to appropriate parties
- Contribute to the creation of Standard Operating Procedures for R&D processes, laboratory equipment and procedures as required.
- Ensure Standard Operating Procedures are followed and appropriate Batch Records supporting laboratory work are completed in a timely manner.
- Ensure experimental record keeping in accordance with good laboratory practices.
- Ensure all projects should be pro-actively and regularly reported to ensure the programme remains current and on track
- Research optimization of existing and novel bacterial strains. Utilising media and process optimisation techniques to look at growth kinetics.
- Presenting Laboratory budgetary requirements to management as required.
- Ensure laboratory record keeping is in accordance with good laboratory practices.
- Participate actively in weekly technical meetings.
- Monitor effectiveness and efficiencies within the department.
- Actively troubleshoots and problem solves where necessary.
- Present/attend industry conferences/ workshops.
- Actively pursue relationships with academia and industry professionals/bodies.
- Staying abreast of scientific advancements within the field of microbiology that is immediately related to the areas of interest and benefit to the company, including bioinformatics, genomics, probiotics, novel Bacillus applications and regulatory updates.
- Interface with customers at a technical level. Use scientific knowledge to provide technical guidance and recommendations across the products range in terms of their mode of operation and in-use application.
- Provide technical support and product training to sales personnel as required.
- Provide technical customer support and troubleshooting through email, teleconferencing and proactive/reactive customer visits as required.
- Network with external institutions/working groups as required.
- Establish customer project priorities through evaluation of commercial importance, technical feasibility, resources, cost and time of each project requirement.
- Assist with evaluation of in-field functional capabilities of proposed new products.
- Awareness of industry-specific legislation, guidelines and customer practices and recommending review/revision of product range as appropriate.
- Preparing product regulatory submission/licence support material and applications as required.
"I continue to be impressed by & proud of our skilled, hard-working team. From the R&D scientists in the lab, to the managers in the boardroom, our team & their values is what drives this company every day – I look forward to reaching even greater heights with them in the years to come.”
Conrad Mielcuszny, CEO
Work with the best in the industry
We believe that people are our most important investment and asset.
In Europe and the US, our laboratories and research and development facilities are staffed with the most highly qualified chemists, microbiologists, fermentation specialists and engineers, including several PhD scientists.
Across our global offices, our sales teams, administration staff and quality assurance experts work diligently to meet our customers' high expectations and ensure our products are making a positive impact on industry.
"The whole team is extremely supportive and I feel very lucky to work with such a knowledgeable team. I love the ethos of the business and take pride in the work we do."
Sophie Price, Global Marketing Executive
"I’ve worked at Genesis Biosciences for over 6 years and enjoyed every minute. Being part of a team tackling global challenges across a wide range of industries is incredibly fulfilling."
Peter Wallbank, Regional Business Development Manager
"I love working in an environment where every day is different and I’m always learning something new. It’s great to work alongside experienced scientists within such an innovative company."
Lucy Rowley, QC Laboratory Technician
"I am fortunate to work within such a talented and dedicated team both sides of the Atlantic. Everyone is driven by the same company goals and it is motivating to see the company achieve these goals."
We uphold stringent values across our global teams, which have been in place since our founding in 1998.
People are our most important asset
Honesty and authenticity
Being market driven and customer focused
Being highly scientific
High quality in all that we do
Taking initiative and exhibiting leadership
Creativity and innovation
Team work and working together
Thinking big and acting bold
"Saying what you mean and meaning what you say"
Explore more of Genesis Biosciences
"I love working at Genesis Biosciences because I'm passionate about the contribution Science can make to a better society and world, addressing major challenges like diagnosing and curing diseases, reducing hunger and poverty, and protecting the environment. It was Genesis Biosciences’ closely aligned company values and vision that first made me interested in working for them.”
Dr. Emma Saunders, General Manager - Europe
Register your interest in future vacancies
We're always keen to hear from passionate people who think they'd be an asset to Genesis Biosciences. To register your interest, please get in touch with your name, details, and area of expertise or work speciality - email us.