Careers at Genesis Biosciences
Discover more about working with a global, innovative company committed to making a positive impact on the environment and the society in which we live.
To play the key role in the day-to-day business and sales development of Genesis Biosciences’
Range of Microbial and anti-microbial products. The Sales Executive will service allocated
existing accounts across the UK and Ireland, obtain orders and establish new accounts by
planning and organising a daily work schedule to call on existing customers or potential new
Salary range: £30,000-£35,000 per annum, including commission and car allowance
Responsibilities will include, but are not be limited to:
- Develop and manage a strategic account management programme.
- Maintain and expand relationships with existing customers.
- Attend customer meetings and deliver sales presentations to high-level executives.
- Use a network of industry contacts, lead generation software and social media to
generate new business leads.
- Qualify leads and maintain the CRM database.
- Achieve sales targets.
- Keep management informed by submitting activity and results reports, including
daily call reports, weekly activity reports, and monthly and annual territory analyses.
- Manage sales pipeline to drive new business opportunities to commercial success.
- Forecast sales to enable operations planning, introduce product innovations and
maintain active memberships.
- Monitor competition by gathering current marketplace information on pricing,
products, new products, delivery schedules, and merchandising techniques.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational
workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks and
participating in professional societies.
- Resolve customer complaints by investigating problems, developing solutions,
preparing reports, and making recommendations to management.
- Assist with all aspects of a marketing campaign.
- Assist with marketing and promotional activities (email, social media campaigns)
- Monitor and provide feedback on the effectiveness of marketing campaigns and
- Provide management with appropriate market research reports.
- Attend Tradeshows to promote companies and products.
- Monitor market needs and requirements (new technology/developments, competitor
products/services and the changing regulatory requirements)
- Contribute to new product releases and participate in release presentations.
- Develop and maintain pricing structures and policies for new products using market
To apply for this role, send your CV and Cover letter to Rhian Hetherton at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To play a key role in the management of the Integrated Management Systems (ISO9001, ISO14001, ISO18001) and play a supporting role in the FSSC 22000 System Management.
1. Ensure compliance with all Quality, Health & Safety and Environmental procedures in line with company Quality and Environmental policies and objectives
2. Develop and give in-house Training pertaining to the Management systems and procedures
3. Awareness of the relevance and importance of all activities and how they contribute to the achievement of Company Quality, Health & Safety and Environmental objectives.
4. Provide input into annual review and development of company objectives based on metric analysis (Quality, Environmental and Food/Feed)
5. Review and update SOPs within the IMS as necessary to ensure ongoing compliance with standards and company policies
6. Responsible for all Document Control activities (within the QMS, HSMS and EMS)
7. Organise & chair Quality Assurance Management Review Meetings (QAGM’s) and maintain/circulate the minutes
8. Awareness of requirements of FSSC 22000 and assist with strategies for compliance
9. Sit on and contribute to Compliance/Food Safety Team
10. Host external auditors and ensure positive completion of surveillance and renewal audits for all certifications
11. Completion of internal audits and production of audit reports for both QMS, H&SMS, EMS and FMS per audit calendar
12. Completion of Quality/Environmental audits of UK-based contract manufacturers
13. Maintenance of Integrated Non-Conformance system (log and process non-conformances and prepare an annual report)
14. Maintain audit observation log
15. Maintenance of Customer Complaints system (log and process customer complaints, ensure appropriate corrective/preventive actions)
16. Ensure Corrective and Preventative actions are put in place and communicated.
17. Maintain and review Green Triangle legal updates and conduct an annual review of the Legal Register.
18. Review and update the risks and opportunities register
19. Maintenance/annual update of impacts and aspects register as part of ISO 14001 requirements.
20. Maintain UK equipment inventory log and prepare annual summary.
21. Prepare quarterly Newsletters for company-wide circulation.
22. Provide analysis and ensure communication of KPIs to identify opportunities for improvement by completing analysis on and preparation of annual/bi-annual summaries.
23. Liaison with external H&S consultancy.
24. Ensure compliance with Fire Regulations.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary range: £30,000.00-£40,000.00 per annum, including bonus scheme and performance bonus
Benefits: Company pension and on-site parking
Schedule: Monday to Friday
COVID-19 considerations: In-house risk assessment
Education: Bachelor's (preferred)
Experience: Quality assurance: 3 years (preferred)
"I continue to be impressed by & proud of our skilled, hard-working team. From the R&D scientists in the lab, to the managers in the boardroom, our team & their values is what drives this company every day – I look forward to reaching even greater heights with them in the years to come.”
Conrad Mielcuszny, CEO
Work with the best in the industry
We believe that people are our most important investment and asset.
In Europe and the US, our laboratories and research and development facilities are staffed with the most highly qualified chemists, microbiologists, fermentation specialists and engineers, including several PhD scientists.
Across our global offices, our sales teams, administration staff and quality assurance experts work diligently to meet our customers' high expectations and ensure our products are making a positive impact on industry.
"The whole team is extremely supportive and I feel very lucky to work with such a knowledgeable team. I love the ethos of the business and take pride in the work we do."
Sophie Price, Global Marketing Executive
"I’ve worked at Genesis Biosciences for over 6 years and enjoyed every minute. Being part of a team tackling global challenges across a wide range of industries is incredibly fulfilling."
Peter Wallbank, Regional Business Development Manager
"I love working in an environment where every day is different and I’m always learning something new. It’s great to work alongside experienced scientists within such an innovative company."
Lucy Rowley, QC Laboratory Technician
"I am fortunate to work within such a talented and dedicated team both sides of the Atlantic. Everyone is driven by the same company goals and it is motivating to see the company achieve these goals."
We uphold stringent values across our global teams, which have been in place since our founding in 1998.
People are our most important asset
Honesty and authenticity
Being market driven and customer focused
Being highly scientific
High quality in all that we do
Taking initiative and exhibiting leadership
Creativity and innovation
Team work and working together
Thinking big and acting bold
"Saying what you mean and meaning what you say"
Explore more of Genesis Biosciences
"I love working at Genesis Biosciences because I'm passionate about the contribution Science can make to a better society and world, addressing major challenges like diagnosing and curing diseases, reducing hunger and poverty, and protecting the environment. It was Genesis Biosciences’ closely aligned company values and vision that first made me interested in working for them.”
Dr. Emma Saunders, General Manager - Europe
Register your interest in future vacancies
We're always keen to hear from passionate people who think they'd be an asset to Genesis Biosciences. To register your interest, please get in touch with your name, details, and area of expertise or work speciality - email us.