A specially blended bacterial product for maintenance of good water quality in ponds, lakes and aquaria.
Evogen Pond Maintain is a powder based product containing a highly specialised, application-specific bacterial blend to remove organic matter from a variety of closed water systems containing fish and animal wastes, or decaying plant material.
A stable, closed aquatic environment is a delicate balance between creation and removal of wastes. If this balance is perturbed then water may become cloudy and dissolved oxygen levels depleted by high demand. Compounds toxic to aquatic life can also build up, making it difficult to restore balance without excessive and expensive cleaning.
The key to keeping healthy ponds is the maintenance of high water quality. The common means to achieve high quality clean water is an effective biological filtration system and aeration. Effective biological filters rely on the build-up of a microbial biomass that removes solid and dissolved waste materials.
Evogen Pond Maintain is a very effective and proven method of augmenting a weak aquatic biomass and seeding of biological filters.
- Maintenance of high water quality in:
- Ornamental and recreational ponds and lakes
- Commercial fisheries and prawn farms
- Closed water systems
- Fresh, brackish and saline applications
- Canals, marinas or other water bodies with low flow
- Fresh, brackish and saline water
Advantages of Evogen Pond Maintain
- Optimised proprietary bacterial consortium to degrade a broad range of organic matter for removal of fish and feed wastes
- Bacteria also degrade decaying plant material; reducing suspended solids, silt and sediment
- Helps removal of toxic substances that form during anaerobic metabolism (volatile fatty acids) preventing septicity and stabilising pH
- Suppresses levels of bacteria pathogenic to fish within the water
- Regular dosing will enhance water quality, leading to reductions in ammonia, nitrite and phosphate concentrations
- Bacteria selected to work in condition of high salinity and low oxygen
- Can help to reduce algal blooms in the water
- Safe, fast aquatic biological filter start-up and improved filter performance, reducing the frequency of water changes
- Reduces shock to pond life that can arise with large water changes
- Removes the need for other chemical purification methods
- Bacillus species 100% in spore form providing long product shelf life
- Manufactured in accordance with recognised international standards, ISO 9001 and ISO 14001